Monday, March 07, 2005

A new part of my job description.

I wasn't aware that office workers also had to be able to install ceiling tiles in the same office that they work in.

I spent the better part of this morning prepping ceiling tiles to be hung in the open spots of our area of my call center. Measure, cut, try to fit, cut some more, etc. ad nauseum.

Standing on top of all of those desks made me pretty happy though because for a few hours, I didn't have to talk to any customers. Now, please don't get me wrong, I am one of those people that believes that you should be 100% committed to your job, even if you are a jizz mopper in a 25-cent theater. If it weren't for my customers, I wouldn't have any money to afford all of the fancy accommodations that I have around myself. Sometimes I just need some time to not talk to them, as southerners pissed off about their cable can be spectacle unknown to any Northerner or New Yorker, for that matter.

I think the highlights of my day are getting to speak to those few people from up north, who can sympathize with me on all of the sad parts of this very sad part of Georgia. I will make it known, only because Georgia is a big state, that I do not live in Atlanta, so everywhere else in Georgia is small and slow. Atlanta even has its pitfalls, it tries to be New York, it tries to be Chicago, it even tries to be L.A., but it can't be any of these things, because the only people who understand anything that comes out of Atlanta are the people that are from the south.

On to something better.

I am an avid wrestling fan and am eagerly awaiting the best pay-per-view of the year, WrestleMania. I'd hate to pop the big bubble, but TNA is owned by WWE. Vince McMahon is a genius.

Looking ahead, I hope they ban the 10 commandments displays, although I have to admit, at the time of this log, they may have already decided to keep them in place. Oh well. Half the fun of being a part of the heathen minority is watching the feeding of the conservatives to the religious right. I would much rather be a part of a progressive-thinking group of people than know that I am forever blessed in some god's eyes.

Well, I am more and more starting to realize that this is more therapeutic for me than it is for anyone reading, so fuckity fuck fuck on that.

I have this weekend off and I get to spend some time with MY girl. That is probably the only thing that will keep me getting out of bed this week. I got paid Friday and it's all gone. I have just enough money to make it through the next few weeks. Anyone wishing to support me in my world conquest, please e-mail your proposed donations to mrp422@gmail.com for a mailing address.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you have found something funny up there. Until tomorrow.

Much love.

No comments: